[BlueOnyx:26892] Feature suggestion

Taco Scargo taco at blueonyx.nl
Mon Apr 8 06:00:17 -05 2024

Hi Michael,

I’d like to suggest a feature to add “aliases” to the server hostname (to generate a certificate with multiple hostnames) for the actual server.

Reason: I will probably consolidate a few older servers where customers are connecting to the main hostname to send/receive mail.
Obviously that will trigger errors, as the new server will have a “new” name. In the past I had customers always connect to mail.<theirdomainname.com>, but since everyone started to use the SSL protected ports, they needed to switch. After the migration to the newest postfix based mail, they can again use the mail domain name, but would like to try tp be backwards compatible :)

Shouldn’t be too difficult to add I guess. Let me know what you think. (Also others)

Best regards,

Taco