[BlueOnyx:26893] Re: Feature suggestion

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Apr 8 06:36:28 -05 2024

Hi Taco

> I’d like to suggest a feature to add “aliases” to the server hostname (to generate a certificate with multiple hostnames) for the actual server.

We have done this exact thing for ourselves and also for customers over
the years and the easy fix here is to add a VSITE for the additional
hostnames you want the server responding to.

This has the added benefit of assigning a decom'd server IP address to
the new, consolidated server.

For instance, if your server has the hostname
"mainserver.hostingprovider.tld" then you can add VSITES for
"oldserver.hostingprovider.tld", "server2.hostingprovider.tld" and so
forth and assign those IP addresses on the VSITEs. So for us, that is
the preferred method.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services