[BlueOnyx:26895] Re: Feature suggestion

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Apr 8 08:18:56 -05 2024

Hi Taco

On 4/8/2024 7:25 AM, Taco Scargo via Blueonyx wrote:
> Still it would be great to be able to have the GUI pages accessible
> via multiple domainnames :)

Yes, I think I understand what you're saying.  It should be possible to
simply have the GUI redirect to the "new" hostname for GUI login, thus
keeping the certificate validation intact.    But yes, if you wanted the
GUI to show all of the old and new hostnames in the address bar and not
trigger a browser warning for being "insecure", then you would need the
server hostname aliases, as you mentioned.    That's not something I
have seen in any control panel software that I can recall, but an
interesting idea if you wanted things to appear as though you have many
servers. ;)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services