[BlueOnyx:26918] Strange DNS error.

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 03:35:30 -05 2024

Morning. Got a funny on our DNS!

5210R

We had a client complain we had two DMARC records.
GUI only showed one but dig confirmed the problem:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_dmarc.working2wellbeing.com.  IN      TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_dmarc.working2wellbeing.com. 3600 IN   TXT     "v=DMARC1\; p=none\;"
_dmarc.working2wellbeing.com. 3600 IN   TXT     "v=DMARC1\; p=quarantine\; rua=mailto:dmarcscore at working2wellbeing.com"

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
working2wellbeing.com.  3600    IN      NS      ns4.mainline.co.uk.
working2wellbeing.com.  3600    IN      NS      ns1.mainline.co.uk.

I deleted the one I could see in the GUI and it now checks out okay on dig but the GUI doesn't show it.

This was originally migrated from a 5208R server.

Colin