[BlueOnyx:26939] Re: Fwd: 5211R, z-push gui entry missing

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 22 11:52:09 -05 2024

Hi Tobias,

 > Z-Push
> Sorry, am talking about 5210R, but with Elmer..

Z-Push development ceased in 2019 and since then no more updates and
fixes have been published: https://z-push.org/

It's a dead project.

There is no version of Z-Push around that still works with a PHP that
isn't way beyond it's EOL. Therefore it was never implemented into
BlueOnyx 5211R as it wouldn't run on the PHP version that we have there.

Likewise: When the 5211R GUI was backported to 5210R? AdmServ now uses a
much more modern PHP there and likewise Z-Push won't work with that.
Hence it had to be removed.

That's why the option to enable it is now gone in the GUI.

However: I forgot to force the uninstall of the no longer needed Z-Push
RPMs on 5210R. I will correct that oversight in the next YUM update for
5210R.

At this time the easiest feasible approach to get Push messages back is
to install NextCloud and use the Push-Notifications for emails that it has.