[BlueOnyx:26788] Re: GUI on non-standard ports now possible

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Thu Feb 29 15:50:02 -05 2024

Hi Michael,

> I published a change to the testing repository yesterday afternoon.
> Under "Server Management" / "Maintenance" / "Server Desktop" there
> will now only be one default alias: "login".
>
> You can add new ones, or you can change existing aliases (even
> "login") to something else. Or you can remove all aliases but one. At
> least one ought to be there. But it doesn't have to be "login" and you
> can name it any way you want.

I tested this with a new server (server.home.local) and new vsite
(vsite.home.local)

https://server.home.local:81 -> is accessible
https://server.home.local/login -> is accessible (redirect to port 81)
https://vsite.home.local/login -> shows page not found
https://vsite.home.local:81/login -> is accessible

I don't know if that's by design, that a vsite hostname without port 81
has no redirection (in this case a configurable gui alias is not really
required). I don't necessarily need a forwarding on port 443, but I
understood your change to mean that GUI aliases also apply there. If you
only intended this for port 81, that's OK for me too.

BTW: on this gui page there's a typo in german language file
("GUI-Pprotokolle" instead of "GUI-Protokolle").

Best regards,
Juerg