[BlueOnyx:26708] Google

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 05:36:48 -05 2024

We use email relay servers for our customers rather than each sending from their hosting server.

I have received the following missive:

>From the 1st February 2024, Yahoo and Google's email platforms will be enforcing a number of authentication requirements from senders, in order for emails to arrive to recipients successfully. Senders to either Yahoo or Google mail recipients will require:
A valid SPF record
A valid DKIM record
A valid DMARC record with the policy set to at least "p=none"
Any email which does not contain a valid SPF, DKIM and DMARC record will be rejected with a bounce back similar to "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError".

Whilst SPF and DMARC is not a problem what about DKIM?
We are using IP to authenticate senders on the relays.

Thoughts please.

Thanks

Colin