[BlueOnyx:26715] Re: Google

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 10:24:12 -05 2024

Correct. I had a subsequent email telling me it only applies to bulk! 😊

Colin

From: Blueonyx <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of Christoph Schneeberger via Blueonyx <blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it>
Date: Friday, 26 January 2024 at 15:10
To: "blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it" <blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it>
Subject: [BlueOnyx:26714] Re: Google

I found the below google blog post regarding the matter and it seems the text quoted by you omits the important word "bulk":

By February 2024, Gmail will start to require that bulk senders:
-> https://blog.google/products/gmail/gmail-security-authentication-spam-protection/

I didn't find anything saying these requirements will be applied to all incoming mails.

So it seems the occasional email to your friend who stubbornly refuses to get a proper email provider will still work without DKIM and whatnot (just make sure you send less than 5000 msgs/day to your friend and you should be fine as far as I understand this announced change of policy).

Cheers & happy weekend,
Christoph