[BlueOnyx:26714] Re: Google

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Fri Jan 26 09:59:35 -05 2024

I found the below google blog post regarding the matter and it seems the
text quoted by you omits the important word "bulk":

/By February 2024, Gmail will start to require that *bulk* senders:/

->
https://blog.google/products/gmail/gmail-security-authentication-spam-protection/

I didn't find anything saying these requirements will be applied to all
incoming mails.

So it seems the occasional email to your friend who stubbornly refuses
to get a proper email provider will still work without DKIM and whatnot
(just make sure you send less than 5000 msgs/day to your friend and you
should be fine as far as I understand this announced change of policy).

Cheers & happy weekend,
Christoph