[BlueOnyx:26733] Re: DKIM (again) :)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jan 28 17:34:02 -05 2024

Hi Colin,

> The OpenDKIM on 5210R sets the selector  to default when generating the key.
> Is it possible to change this (maybe through opendkim.conf) for the hosting server?
> We tend to separate web and email on to different servers and so sometimes need to generate two dkim records.

If you have Web and Email on two different servers, where is the DNS
located?

The OpenDKIM management in the GUI will only create and add records to
the onboard DNS server.

But what you can do is this:

Say Web is on the same server where the DNS is and Mail is on another.

Enable OpenDKIM on the server where Mail is and configure OpenDKIM for
that Vsite. That will show you how the DKIM record for Mail would need
to look. Then manually create a matching DNS TXT record with that data
on the server that has the primary DNS.