[BlueOnyx:26737] Re: DKIM (again) :)

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 11:19:03 -05 2024

Hi Michael,

> If you have Web and Email on two different servers, where is the DNS
> located?

DNS is located on our DNS servers.

> The OpenDKIM management in the GUI will only create and add records to
> the onboard DNS server.

> > Enable OpenDKIM on the server where Mail is and configure OpenDKIM for
that Vsite. That will show you how the DKIM record for Mail would need
> to look. Then manually create a matching DNS TXT record with that data
> on the server that has the primary DNS.

Yup - done that where possible but some sites send mail from their website on one server and via email client on another.
What I would like to do is to be able to change the selector on each so have say webserver_domainkey.domain.name and email_domainkey.domain.name. I could then put the two different selectors on the DNS server?

Sounds like this may be a problem?
It is not super important at the moment as SPF seems to be fine but going forward I think Google et al will start tightening further?
This goes back to my question about setting up DKIM on a relay server. __

Kind regards

Colin