[BlueOnyx:27100] 5209R migration

Robert robert at webtent.org
Thu Jul 11 08:39:20 -05 2024

I plan to migrate a 5209R server to 5211R within the next month or two.
This will be my first use of the Easy Migrate, I'm confident it will be
an improvement over the former CMU migration, which always did a good
job. My biggest concern from past experience is MariaDB and the
Roundcube migration maintaining user profiles for sites using Roundcube.
The profiles seem to get lost whenever I upgrade Roundcube on a vsite.
The Roundcube on the server is outdated version 1.5.3 and MariaDB is
10.4. I have the MariaDB 10.5.13 and 10.6.5 packages available in the
software updates from Solarspeed.

Will an Easy Migrate be expected to import both without issue or is it
necessary to do updates before the migration? Even when I've done
Roundcube upgrades in the past, the databases seem to disconnect and
have to be setup from scratch losing profiles. I plan to put the new
server under the BOEE subscription to keep all up to date. The migration
planned now would be to apply BOEE to the 5211R server and install
latest versions of all and then migrate using Easy Migrate.

--
Robert