[BlueOnyx:27101] Re: 5209R migration

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jul 11 08:56:25 -05 2024

Hi Robert,

> I plan to migrate a 5209R server to 5211R within the next month or
> two. This will be my first use of the Easy Migrate, I'm confident it
> will be an improvement over the former CMU migration, which always did
> a good job. My biggest concern from past experience is MariaDB and the
> Roundcube migration maintaining user profiles for sites using Roundcube.

We've done dozens of migrations and upgrades and Easy-Migrate is a
dream.   It generally performs very well and is far and away faster than
the old CMU method.

However, moving Roundcube always seems to end in disappointment.   I'm
not sure exactly what the failure point is but I don't think I've seen
one go flawlessly yet.   Prepare accordingly.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services