[BlueOnyx:27102] Suggestions to fix AV-SPAM fail

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Wed Jul 17 12:46:06 -05 2024

Clearly, we are making plans for the upgrade from 5109r.
(Our issue is Mailman... which we have a solution in process)

The problem is sending email via sendmail.

For the past several days, the send seems jammed until I issue the
  /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart

I have had to restart severarl times each day. Each time the program reports
"AV-SPAM Email service are in failed state."

If I run
  /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status the result seems to indicate
AV-SPAM is running... but email does not flow until a -restart
For example:

===
~/>  /usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status
Server is using MTA: sendmail
| Service:       | GUI:  | AutoStart: | Running: |
| Sendmail          |   1   |      1     |     1    |
| Greylist            |   0   |      0     |     0    |
| GeoIP              |   1   |      1     |     1    |
| Spamassassin   |   1   |      1     |     1    |
| Spamass-Milter |   1   |      1     |     1    |
| ClamAV            |   0   |      0     |     0    |
| ClamAV-Milter   |   0   |      0     |     0    |
AV-SPAM Email service are running.
===

Sometimes this self-corrects over a period of hours, but today it has
taken four restarts, and that is troubling.

Would it make sense to reload something related to AV-SPAM?

thanks!