[BlueOnyx:27124] Re: Why can I not reuse an old username?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 22 19:17:02 -05 2024

Hi Larry,

>    Added a bunch of debug statements to the handle_user.pl
> and where it is failing is the test:
>
>     if (($#others > 0) || ($#mlist >= 0) || ($#other_aliases > -1)) {
>
> the $#other_aliases is greater than -1.  Which when it falls through
> from that test it gets to errors++ and hence fails to add the user.

If this part is true: ($#other_aliases > -1), then the array
@other_aliases is not empty. And it should be empty if the username
isn't used already as an alias somewhere.

Please open a "Support Request" via the GUI an make sure "Allow Access"
is ticked and I'll take a look. In the ticket description please mention
the user names again and which Vsite they should be created on as members.