[BlueOnyx:27032] Re: postfix & pop-before-smtp

Tomohiro Hosaka bokutin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:54:31 -05 2024

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your comment.
You are absolutely right. I agree.

In the case of postfix & POP-before-SMTP
DKIM signing is not done and
SpamAssassin and other relay servers do not have SMTP-Auth in the
Recieved header, which may have a slight negative impact on the spam
score.

I am using 5210R & postfix & POP-before-SMTP with the above patch applied.
I would like to encourage users to migrate to SMTP-Auth.
I will also tell them about the benefits mentioned above.
Also, since it is Postfix, I can use debug_peer_level to see if any
clients are already using POP-before-SMTP.

It was an aside.

Thanks.