[BlueOnyx:26828] Re: Switching themes

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 11 11:57:26 -05 2024

Hi Colin,

> Just having a poke about on one of our 5219R servers and it default to
> the new smart Elmer GUI but if I try to switch back to Adminica it doesn’t.
>
> I have gone into Desktop Control and changed the default theme and saved.
>
> Logged out and I get the old Adminica login again but when logged in I
> get Elmer.

Ah, I think I know what you're doing there.

"Server Management" / "Maintenance" / "Server Desktop" is where you
configure the global settings of the GUI.

For the theme it has two relevant options:

- Default GUI Theme
- Allowed Themes

The "Default GUI Theme" is set to "Elmer" by default and "Allowed
Themes" is set to "Adminica + Elmer".

This setting affects ALL users and comes into effect when they login. If
the "Default Theme" is set to "Elmer" (the default) then the login page
someone sees uses "Elmer". Once that person logs in and passes
authentication, the GUI polls which theme the user has configured for
his account. And then that user configured theme will then be used.

The individually used theme for each user can be configured under
"Personal Profile" for that user. That defaults to "Elmer", so each user
will use the new theme once he logs in, but can permanently change it
back to "Adminica" in "Personal Profile" if wanted.

When you switch the the theme in "Personal Profile" the change happens
instantaneous. So if you're using "Elmer" and switch to "Adminica", it
saves and then reloads the page using the old "Adminica" theme.

If you specifically remove "Elmer" (or "Adminica) from "Allowed Themes"
in "Server Desktop"? Then users will default to whatever theme choice
remains viable.