[BlueOnyx:26829] Re: Switching themes

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 12:14:03 -05 2024

Hi Michael,

Ah, I think I know what you're doing there.

I knew it would be me! 😊

"Server Management" / "Maintenance" / "Server Desktop" is where you
configure the global settings of the GUI.

For the theme it has two relevant options:

- Default GUI Theme
- Allowed Themes

The "Default GUI Theme" is set to "Elmer" by default and "Allowed
Themes" is set to "Adminica + Elmer".

This setting affects ALL users and comes into effect when they login. If
the "Default Theme" is set to "Elmer" (the default) then the login page
someone sees uses "Elmer". Once that person logs in and passes
authentication, the GUI polls which theme the user has configured for
his account. And then that user configured theme will then be used.

Okay – so I have only changed the default to Adminica and left everything else as before.

The individually used theme for each user can be configured under
"Personal Profile" for that user. That defaults to "Elmer", so each user
will use the new theme once he logs in, but can permanently change it
back to "Adminica" in "Personal Profile" if wanted.

Ahaa …

When you switch the the theme in "Personal Profile" the change happens
instantaneous. So if you're using "Elmer" and switch to "Adminica", it
saves and then reloads the page using the old "Adminica" theme.

If you specifically remove "Elmer" (or "Adminica) from "Allowed Themes"
in "Server Desktop"? Then users will default to whatever theme choice
remains viable.

Easy when you know how! All good.

Many thanks

Colin