[BlueOnyx:26999] Re: 5209R to 5210R, 2 things noticed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 29 14:09:52 -05 2024

Hi Tomohiro,

> I have started the upgrade from 5209R to 5210R using easy-migrate.pl.
>
> It works almost fine and looks great!

I'm glad to hear that!

> First thing.
> Immediately after bringing up a suspended Vsite, I can access it from
> my browser.
> If I turn suspend off and on from the admin screen, I can't access it.
> It seems that the hook is not triggered after easy-migrate.pl.

Hmmm. That is indeed weird. I'll take a look at it and see if there is
something that needs to be done.

> Second thing.
> When accessing a Vsite that is suspended, the scheme of the redirect
> URL is not retained.
> Browser shows a certificate warning screen, which is confusing.
>
> 5209R
>      % lwp-request -Sd http://suspended.site/
>      GET http://suspended.site/
>      302 Found
>      GET http://suspended.site:444/gui/Forbidden403
>      200 OK
>
> 5210R
>      % lwp-request -Sd http://suspended.site/
>      GET http://suspended.site/
>      302 Found
>      GET https://suspended.site:81/gui/Forbidden403
>      500 Can't connect to suspended.site:81 (hostname verification failed)
>
>      % env PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME=0 lwp-request -Sd http://suspended.site/
>      GET http://suspended.site/
>      302 Found
>      GET https://suspended.site:81/gui/Forbidden403
>      403 Forbidden

Indeed. That is something I am also not very happy with. As it is: If a
Vsite is suspended, there is supposed to be a redirect to the
/gui/Forbidden403 page of the GUI.

You do get the SSL verification error if you don't redirect all GUI
access to the FQDN of the server, though.

This can be changed in "Server Management" / "Maintenance" / "Server
Desktop". Set the "Redirect to Server-Name" to enabled and save.

When "Redirect to Server-Name" is enabled, all HTTP or HTTPS access to
GUI related pages from Vsite domain names will be redirected to the
domain name of the server itself. This prevents the SSL certificate
mismatch.

It is planned to change the message that is shown when a Vsite is
suspended. It's high on my list of changes for the closer future. When a
Vsite is suspended, we will show a special page that can be customized
to some degree and can also be personalized to show a message that will
be shown on that particular suspended Vsite.

GUI wise it will work like this: When you tick the checkbox to suspend a
Vsite, it will unfold a text input field where you can enter a
personalized message that will be shown when someone accesses the
webpage of a suspended Vsite.

If the suspension  page is not customized? Then it'll show the BlueOnyx
logo and the message "This Virtual Site has been suspended."

And if you choose to customize it, it will show your logo and company
info and possibly also the message of yours that you specified when you
enabled the suspension for that Vsite.

> "Elmer" theme is very cool!

I'm glad to hear that you like it!