[BlueOnyx:27015] Re: Exporting and Importing Secondary Mail Server Records

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 31 12:32:53 -05 2024

Hi Richard,

> The service I'm referring to is only available when Sendmail is used for the
> SMTP Server and found at: Network services >> Email >> Secondary
> Mail-server. It receives and forwards emails when the primary is down or
> slow.
>
> There are definitely records in /etc/mail/mailertable, in the format
> "example.com smtp:mail1.example.com"
Oh, indeed. That's such an antiquated feature that I no longer had it on
my radar. And like you said: When Postfix is used, it's even disabled
and that's the new default.

You should be able to copy the relevant sections from
/etc/mail/mailertable on the source server to /etc/mail/mailertable on
the target server and then run "makemap hash /etc/mail/mailertable.db <
/etc/mail/mailertable" to put them into effect (for Sendmail).

But indeed: The GUI will not show them and other than Easy-Migrate there
is no sensible way to migrate these. I'm even wondering if Easy-Migrate
will move these across and wouldn't lay my hand into the fire for that.