[BlueOnyx:03168] Re: ProFTP connection speed

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Sun Dec 27 09:55:38 -05 2009

When I have seen this happen it's an indication that my IP - the IP of my
ISP has given to my office or home router - does not have a valid ptr. When
this issue was resolved by my ISP things went back to instant connections
and happy again.

I haven't followed this discussion closely, so if I'm repeating something
already said, oops!

In the meanwhile you might consider making sure that your proftpd.conf has
BOTH:

  IdentLookups off
  UseReverseDNS off

Where ever you have the identlookups you should have both. Now, I don't like
having reverse lookups off, so when the actual problem is resolved, I would
comment out the usereversedns setting and go back to the default of looking
up reverse dns.

	Hope this helps!

	-Stephanie