[BlueOnyx:01717] Re: Logs & file ownership problems

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Jul 15 17:41:16 -05 2009

Woops - you caught me Michael.

I was looking in /var/log/httpd at the access_log and error_log.  I just missed putting the "httpd" in the entries a little while ago.  But the previous statement still stands - I can hit that site and its not logging in those access or error log files.

This was a BlueOnyx server that I reloaded - not BlueQuartz.  And I do remember seeing the cmuImport run that fix_user_UID_and_GID.pl script at the end of the cmuImport.  But it must not have fixed all problems.  I just ran those two scripts from the command-line and everything seems to be good now.  Thank you for that help.

I just tested the logging again.  While I click all over that site in a browser - nothing shows up in /var/log/httpd/access_log.  Nothing at all for the entire day except that one entry I showed earlier.  Same for the error_log - nothing for /home/.sites/143/site2 for today.

Do you know of anything that would stop the logging for one site?  I see entries for many other sites - this is the only one I know of that isn't loggin.

Thanks Michael.

Chuck