[BlueOnyx:01810] Re: safe Bash Command needed.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 23 15:35:24 -05 2009

Hi Steve,

> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   site8   59 Jun 10 15:28 mbox ->
> /home/.sites/81/site18/.users/57/stevec/mail/saved-messages
>
> I have a lot of these broken and incorrect links in my new BX. I beleive
> they are legacy OpenWebMail symbolic links.
>
> Used CMUImport 2.53 from a 550 to this new BX.
>
> Can anyone tell me the quickest way to remove them?

wget http://data.smd.net/scripts/fixmail_raq550.cgi
chmod 755 fixmail_raq550.cgi
/usr/bin/perl fixmail_raq550.cgi

That will take care of it.

It finds all mbox files that aren't they way they should be, deletes the
symbolic links and re-creates an empty mbox file with the right UID, GID and
the right permissions.