[BlueOnyx:01859] Re: Un-subscriptions...?

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Mon Jul 27 15:58:56 -05 2009

Jeff Jones wrote:
> OK well I guess that's sort of clear then: there's more chance of
> setting up a BX forum than my dog developing a dislike for the wifes
> home made Lasagna.
>
> I get the whole inbox management thing. I just hate email. I get too
> much, need to cut back - detox. Perhaps I'm a special case. If ever I
> get 10 emails on my iphone all in quick succession later at night - it
> either means a server's down, or there's a really interesting
> conversation on the BX mailing list - thankfully it's usually the
> latter.

Personally, I have some cute procmail rules based on
http://john.fremlin.org/linux/howto/procmail.html that neatly sort my
mailbox before my mail client ever sees it. When you add up mail lists,
admin alerts, quota notices and all the rest of the regular mail that I
get, I needed something - and that framework makes it easy to manage.

If a mail list gets a bit hetcic, its easy to do a "mark all read" in a
single mail-list folder for a mail list until it settles down again.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
| <  o  > Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules & Support.    |