[BlueOnyx:00759] something went wrong

"Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez" centos at nuestroserver.com
Thu Mar 12 20:21:12 -05 2009

hi

Im testing the tarball install for installing xen machines

I created the following partitions:
/
/home
swap

then followed the instructions on this link:
http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=tar-ball-installer

Eveything went find until the last step... it says:

[Phase 8 : Running post install scripts ...]

Failed to add admin user. Sorry, something went wrong!
Please try to run this script again ...

as far as I can see, /home was not quota enabled:
[root at cos11 BlueOnyx-5106R-CentOS5-i386-20090227]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/home             /home                   ext3    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   noexec,nosuid,rw
        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-xvda3        swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

I remember I had the same problem when using bluequartz and quotas were
not enabled for /home

shall I previously enable quotas? (before running install?)

thanks!
epe