[BlueOnyx:00760] Re: something went wrong

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 12 21:48:15 -05 2009

Hi  Ernesto,

> Im testing the tarball install for installing xen machines
>
> I created the following partitions:
> /
> /home
> swap
>
> then followed the instructions on this link:
> http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=tar-ball-installer
>
> Eveything went find until the last step... it says:
>
> [Phase 8 : Running post install scripts ...]
>
> Failed to add admin user. Sorry, something went wrong!
> Please try to run this script again ...
>
> I remember I had the same problem when using bluequartz and quotas were
> not enabled for /home
>
> shall I previously enable quotas? (before running install?)

Ah, yes. I just checked. The installer indeed doesn't activate quota by itself
(same as the BlueQuartz installer). So you indeed need to activate quota
yourself for /home prior to running the installer.

I will update the instructions and possibly also extend the installer to throw
an error message beforehand if quota for /home is not already enabled.