[BlueOnyx:02478] Off Topic Centos v5.2 FTP/SFTP Question

Greg Schiedler greg at limo.net
Thu Sep 24 00:40:05 -05 2009

Being that BO is based partially on Centos I thought someone might point me
in the right direction.
Problem is when a user FTP's a file up to the server Centos 5.2
Distribution.  The file is stored on the server but it is not inheriting the
directory permissions or the users permissions.  So if the same user shells
in they can't do anything with the file.  Without an admin issuing a chmod
command.  The file is stored without and user permissions.

So do I need to dig thur the user account settings or look into the config
file for the ftp server?  I'm just trying to help a friend out and at this
point I have not shelled into the server.

Greg :-)