[BlueOnyx:02481] Re: Password Protect Directory

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Sep 24 10:10:55 -05 2009

Phil Hamer wrote:
> Hi Guys.
>

> I want to add a php based calendar to our server so we can plan ongoing
> maintenance works that we do.
  >
> We will hopefully be using a program such as webcalendar or similar and
> although the php script does have a level of security, due to the info
> that will be available I would like a second line of defence against
> unauthorised entry.
SNIP
> Would this be the best way of doing this or should I look along the
> lines of another method?

Hi Phil,
.htaccess will work just fine for what you're looking to do, although if
the script already has a php session-based login, then your redundancy
with the .htaccess is going to be more of a nuisance than a help.

But generally speaking, yes .htaccess works just fine on the BX platform.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services