[BlueOnyx:03387] Re: Shared MySQL - Vsite Deleted

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jan 21 11:17:22 -05 2010

Dr. Blunt wrote:
> ..well actually I created both the sites in the GUI first, then went to
> the COMMAND
> line and created the SQL database, then assigned privileges to both
> vsites. Thus, it seems
> a bit over zealous for the GUI to assume it has the authority to delete
> the SQL files
> even when others have equal access to it and rights. Perhaps the admin
> of the BO
> should have more authority in the GUI when it comes to deleting a vsite.

I've never seen this behavior out of a Sausalito device.  Creating a
database outside of the GUI, the cce will not "know" about it to delete it.

> It just seems it is an ALL or NOTHING feature and especially when it
> comes to thinking
> it has the right to delete files it did not create but has access to. In
> the end the
> GUI deleted _3 million_ records of which I am thankful the raqbackup.sh
> was working.
> Now I guess I need to adjust the cron to backup more than once a day
> just in case the
> GUI wants to do a coup d' etat.

Did you, by chance, create the DB at CLI or phpMyAdmin and then input
the details for that DB into the site configuration in the GUI?  That's
the only way I can see what you describe as happening.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services