[BlueOnyx:04925] Secure FTP options with BX?

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Mon Jul 5 02:42:44 -05 2010

Hi all,

I wonder if I could ask an elementary question - I have searched the BX forums and can't find the answer.

What are the options for secure FTP on BX right now? I know there is a (perhaps overly complicated) hack to create an SFTP jail - but I think FTP but with TLS - at least to ensure that usernames / passwords are not in the clear would be fine. There doesn't seem to be any TLS option on the FTP service though. Another hack?

Because a good way to hack a server is known to be the method of elevating a known less privileged user account - I think it would be useful to protect FTP accounts with some form of encrypted authentication.

Cheers,

Jeff