[BlueOnyx:05091] Re: Overriding Indexes in web root

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 22 17:49:16 -05 2010

Hi James,

> I'm sure I'm just overlooking something here, but it's driving me nuts.  Is
> there a configuration setting somewhere that is specifically preventing
> Indexes from working in the root web directory for any site?  I have my
> server set up so that Indexes can be overridden, and I put an .htaccess
> entry of "Options +Indexes".  When I go to http://www.mysite.com/, I get a
> 403 trying to access and a log entry of "Directory index forbidden by
> Options directive: /home/.sites/XX/siteX/web/".

In the BlueOnyx GUI go to "Server Management" / "Network Services" / "Web".
That allows you to configure which Options are allowed for web directories and
AllowOverride settings are allowed in .htaccess files.

By default we don't want people to be able to override certain Apache settings
with .htaccess files, as that could be potentially dangerous.

So check your settings there and adjust them accordingly.