[BlueOnyx:04520] Re: Installing Munin on BX

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Mon May 17 04:02:50 -05 2010

Hy Richard!

Ich have installed Munin at about 1.5 years ago and the install was very
easy.
I have used a german howto and maked the steps on a BlueQuartz-Server.
Munin needs some dependencies for other packages.
If this are ok then it is simple to configure and worked really stable.
I have separated it from the production maschines.
My Backup-Server makes also the monitoring.
What I haven´t done is the alerting with mail or sms.
I will try this in the next week with a zenoss appliance on vmware.

If you have any questions you can contact me with mail

Joachim