[BlueOnyx:04554] Re: CentOS-5.5 is out - new ISO image, too

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 18 20:34:40 -05 2010

Hi Martyn,

> Quite - but it is also the only way you can specify bespoke
> partition sizes.  I like a slightly larger boot and var which cannot be
> set with the default autoload.
>
> Ideally something between 'easy auto' and 'bash my head against
> the wall' install options would be nice - if only a screen asking what
> size partitions one wants :-)

That's actually easily possible as mentioned on the ISO download page
http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=downloads:

To install BlueOnyx with a partitioning scheme of your own choosing, boot off
the CD and instead of pressing "return" at the splash screen, enter "self"
(for self partitioning) or "small" for a 10 Gig layout and then press return.

The self partitioning allows you to use your own partition scheme, for which
Anaconda will fire up disk druid, before it goes through the rest of the
hands-free installation.

While you have a lot of leeway with your own partitioning, be sure to have a
separate /home partition. Anything else is optional.