[BlueOnyx:05746] Re: 550 User unknown when sent to alias

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Nov 9 17:16:59 -05 2010

Yea,

I've seen that exact behavior, when we migrated from more than 10 Bluequartz servers to three Blueonyx servers.

After using cmuImport to get all the sites on the new box - I made it a habit to use these commands as root from the command line:
service sendmail stop
newaliases
service sendmail start

Sometimes the CMU utility does not correctly rerun the alias build program (newaliases) - and they are not applied.  Remaking the alias tables with the "newaliases" command and restarting sendmail to fixed the problem every time for me.

Chuck