[BlueOnyx:05756] Re: 550 User unknown when sent to alias

Taco Scargo taco at scargo.nl
Wed Nov 10 11:59:07 -05 2010

Bryan,

According to your feedback everything seems to be in order.
So the reason "sendmail -v -bv" gives you a user unknown error indicates that the sendmail configuration file somehow lost it's lookup in the virtusertable OR the virtusetable contains an error while makes it not build correctly.

Please do the following to find this out:

Login to your server and become root

cd /etc/mail
makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable

This last command will recreate the virtusertable.db file.

If it does not produce any messages, the virtuserfile is vailid.
If it does produce errors, fix them.

With regards,

Taco Scargo
taco at scargo.nl