[BlueOnyx:05849] Re: BlueOnyx on 2010 model Mac Mini

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 16 03:07:03 -05 2010

Hi Ernie,

>  Wouldn't it be better to try and make an iso with a 2.6.35
> kernel that's already compiled for CentOS 5 like the one here:
>
> http://elrepo.org/linux/kernel/el5/x86_64/RPMS/kernel-ml-2.6.35-8.el5.elrep
> o.x86_64.rpm

That particular kernel is a 64-bit kernel and BlueOnyx on CentOS5 is 32-bit.
But yeah, there are probably some pre-compiled 32-bit kernels for CentOS5
around, which might work. But third party kernels are often built for a
specific purpose and maybe with options and switches different than what
CentOS would consider "stock". Which could bite you in the back, or which
might still work. So that requires a bit of experimenting.

> I am not quite sure how to build a .iso, I will have to investigate, but it
> sound doable!

If it were just shoving a new kernel onto the ISO, then I could do that for
you. But like said: Without having a Mac Mini for testing the ISO this is
somewhat futile, as it probably won't work 100% right first time around.