[BlueOnyx:05564] Re: SYSERR(root): rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Oct 13 10:48:24 -05 2010

That could happen when you configure a e-mail forwarding to a address that doesn't exist.  For example, your administrator account is admin at yourdomain.com - and you set it up to forward its e-mail to your account fsoyer at yourdomain.com.  If you don't create that account "fsoyer" - you'll get that result - excessive recursion.  Or if you configure a "catch all e-mail address" pointing to a account that doesn't exist - same thing.

Check the spelling in your catch all and forwarding e-mail addresses - make sure they're spelled right.  Could be a simple thing like one letter off.

Chuck