[BlueOnyx:05645] Re: ftp not working

Timothy Wright twright at integritycsg.com
Tue Oct 26 15:41:22 -05 2010

I got my NIC issues sorted out...for the most part.
I am able to FTP from inside my network. I have the external IP set to a
public address and am unable to ftp in from the outside.
THis shows in messages when I connect internally.

Oct 26 15:36:56 ftp2 xinetd[2512]: START: ftp pid=3092 from=192.168.0.16
Oct 26 15:36:56 ftp2 proftpd[3092]: warning: "ProFTPD" address/port (
173.8.48.156:21) already in use by "ProFTPD server"
Oct 26 15:37:36 ftp2 proftpd[3092]:
ftp2.prcdigital.com(192.168.0.16[192.168.0.16]) - FTP session opened.
[root at ftp2 admin]#

Kind Regards,

Timothy Wright
Systems Administrator