[BlueOnyx:05652] Re: Permissions issue with suPHP

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Oct 27 15:01:07 -05 2010

Jeff Jones wrote:
> Do you think it could be modified so that the server admin not site admin could upload files?
>
> Have an agency customer with 30 or so sites on their own dedicated box, so don't really want to have to create site admins for all sites!
>
> If server admin (admin) account worked, that would be a silver bullet for these guys....

That is not the way the system is built to work.   Each site is intended
to have its own admin user.

If the end user is maintaining 30+ sites on the box, my guess is they
are using an FTP program to do so.  In which case, most FTP software I
have used since 1996 has had the ability to store username/password with
a site profile.  That will make it no more difficult to use the system
properly.  So the customer can't even plead laziness!

Just have them set up correctly and their problems are solved.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services