[BlueOnyx:07661] Re: CentOS-6.0 Released

Darren Wolfe darren at intersys-group.com
Mon Jul 11 03:08:12 -05 2011

Scientific Linux is a lot more gung-ho about getting their releases out,
sacrificing full compatibility with RHEL6.
Centos  on the other hand is fastidious about it.

SL6 came out before Centos6 because they prioritised RHEL6 over RHEL5.6
and because they are less concerned about strict compatibility.

I imagine 6.1 to arrive at roughly the same time and the updates will
come quickly enough.

I would personally prefer BO6 to be on Centos.