[BlueOnyx:07872] Re: 5107R progress with PKG providers

Alex Jake alex.jake at live.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 15:53:12 -05 2011

Hi,

I just want to jump in here, hope that's ok.

Why rebuild packages such as PHP, MySQL and PHPMyAdmin,
why not just use the packages that come from CentOS themselfs?

Surely their is nothing wrong with their packages?

Or is it important for some people to have bleeding edge packages?

Bleeding edge is not always the best, stable is important.

Alex.