[BlueOnyx:09321] Re: Password Enforcement

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Thu Jan 5 12:30:43 -05 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Comley

It's getting very annoying trying to create user passwords which don't get
sent back for being "too short" or "based on a dictionary word" when they
are no such thing. The result is very stupid passwords which are inherently
insecure as the user will have to keep them written down.

Is there any way to amend the policy, or to just turn it off??

For further reading on the subject of *good* passwords I offer
http://xkcd.com/936/

--
Chris Comley
<<

In my experience, most passwords are compromised because  they are very
weak, or the customer fell for a phishing email.  I've never heard of any
one where a burglar broke in an saw their written down password.

----
Ken Marcus
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net