[BlueOnyx:09392] Re: Amazon Web Services Blueonyx setup

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri Jan 13 20:40:27 -05 2012

Thanks Dan.

That's obviously part of that newish "cloud computing" that is spreading so much.  Unfortunately, I haven't got any experience with the cloud stuff, and didn't know their term "elastic IP".

But your explanation would give me pause as a administrator.  Both a public and a private that can change if I reboot the machine!  That could cause problems.  Can I assume that "elastic IP" is set/does not change?  In that case, I could see where you'd want to assign the elastic to the virtual machine address - so it wouldn't change on you.

Thanks again for the info Dan.

Chuck