[BlueOnyx:09402] Re: 5107R release and self-partitioning

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 16 05:16:48 -05 2012

Hi Radek,

> I have recently installed Blueonyx 5107R for the first time and as I found
> automated partitioning scheme quite not fitting my needs, moved forward to
> employ "self" method as described on web page of the project. However it
> seems that this option is not available at the splash screen anymore. Does
> it mean that I'm only forced to struggle with manual LVM resizing?
>
> While searching on the web, I found some older post regarding beta release
>  and problems with implementing manual partitioning according to changes
> constantly evolving inside Anaconda. Is it still the same problem and is
> that the reason the "self" option is not available here?

That's true. The RHEL5 Anaconda used in CentOS5 had the feature that if you
did not define any partitions in your kickstart script, then it would launch
into DiskDruid and allow you to do a manual partitioning. We used to use this
for the "self partitioning" option of the 5106R install CD.

Unfortunately the RHEL6 Anaconda used in SL6 no longer has this option. So at
this time "self partitioning" for 5107R or 5108R is no longer offered.

If you need your own partitioning scheme for more than one install, then there
would be the option of taking the CD apart and to modify the kickstart script
so that it partitions things in the way you need them.

What kind of partitioning layout do you need?