[BlueOnyx:12802] Re: OT: Backup MX

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 14:39:03 -05 2013

We also run a backup MX but a much, much simpler config that Chris
mentioned.

We've installed BX on a VPS run by a third party that's dirt cheap
(8USD/month) and it's deliberately configured not to have any email security
for SPAM, etc.  This was is catches the occasional message but is
particularly useful for also providing backup MX to a client's Windows
servers (which seem to need weekly reboots, etc).

It also runs secondary DNS.