[BlueOnyx:13166] Re: Digital Ocean and BlueOnyx

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Jun 1 22:29:00 -05 2013

Yea - the solution is to dump Digital Ocean and go with another cloud provider that lets you "have it your way".  Its you paying money for services.  If they don't want to allow you to install from a ISO, go to someone else.

Some companies these days are so stupid - they chase off customers.  What happened to the saying "the customer is always right"?  Now, I can understand some restrictions for security reasons.  But if you're leasing a VM - what would be the security problem with installing from a ISO?

I suggest you ask for a supervisor/manager at Digital Ocean and explain what you want to do.  And advise him that if you aren't allowed to load the server they way you want (with a ISO) - you're taking your business and money to someone else.  That usually produces good results!  But if not - go to the competition.

Chuck