[BlueOnyx:13941] Re: ip alias dns setting

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Tue Oct 29 08:13:30 -05 2013

On 10/29/2013 07:46 AM, wcstaff at webcoast.com wrote:

> [...]
not Michael but,
You do not manually setup the aliases.
I would remove any manually entered aliases.
2nd nic may be used for a local IP address, other than that, you don't
need it unless you are using a sophisticated configuration i.e. bonding
the NICs.

Let the system enter the Ethernet IP aliases as needed based on the IP
you use for the site you configure in the GUI.

Gerald