[BlueOnyx:15848] new GUI

Gregg K greggk1 at cox.net
Sat Aug 30 18:46:08 -05 2014

Hello,
I just installed the new GUI on 2 servers, and it looks great.  I had one
question though, I looked through the  list and didn't see anyone with a
similar issue.  After the GUI install, I noticed that the sites using PHP
were not coming up.  I looked at the logs and found this:
PHP Warning:  Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. is not within the
allowed path(s)
PHP Warning:  Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(/home/.sites/143/site2/web/registration/login.php) is not within the
allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/:/var/lib/php/session/)
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in
Unknown on line 0

I did a little digging and found my way out of the problem by going through
the GUI's -> Services -> PHP section, under the Open Basedir (Vsite) I had
to enter the entire (/home/.sites/143/site2/web/registration/)
Even though the OpenBasedir (server) already had /home/.sites/143/site2
After I added that directory, the PHP site started working again and it was
all good.
Is this the way it was meant to be, or was this just a fluke?
Once the full directory was added, it still does not show up in the Open
Basedir (Vsite) or the (server) It just goes back to ( You keep typing, I
keep growing) :)

Gregg