[BlueOnyx:14382] Re: BlueOnyx YUM updates: 5106R/5107R/5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 6 09:20:19 -05 2014

Hi Dirk,

> My Server-Administrator (not admin, my personal) habe no rights left only root-access.
> Is this a feature or a bug?

No. It's a <cough> feature <cough>. :-)

Access to each GUI page is restricted by finely layered access control
rules. Depending on the level of access a user has he might be prevented
from accessing certain pages.

These ACL's changed entirely between the previous version of BlueOnyx
and this one. The only rule that stayed the same is "root access". All
others have been renamed.

That's why existing admin accounts will have lost all privileges. Except
for "root access" if they had that one before.

> We talked about to make the port for ssh also as an INPUT TYPE="TEXT"
> field. But I think you missed this.

Yeah, it's on the to-do list. I haven't done it for 5207R/5208R yet and
therefore I didn't include it in the code for the older BlueOnyx, too.
It requires some additional changes to schemas, handlers and
constructors. Therefore I'd rather do it a bit later when I have managed
to catch up to that part in the new GUI.