[BlueOnyx:14216] Blueonyx Control panel is Not adding vsite user email information to virtusertable and access files - User unknown errors (more info)

David Hahn blueonyx at sb9.com
Sat Jan 4 06:36:47 -05 2014

Hi all,
In a jam here...
The BO control panel quit adding and removing the
user information to the virtusertable and the access files. New or
existing users/vsites.

Stock 5106 with spam/a/v package installed. I get 'User unknown' &
returned mail errors when local or
outside mail is delivered. Not sure if sending mail via the added users
is possible.
Example:

in the /etc/mail/access
# Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
Connect:localhost.localdomain           RELAY
Connect:localhost                       RELAY
Connect:127.0.0.1                       RELAY

# Cobalt Access Section Begin
has a section that the vsite uses for relay (this seems to work)
# Cobalt Access Section End
### Start Block Email for User xxx on Virtual Site: www.xxx.com ###
Here is where the issue begins (there is nothing for the xxx site)

it should add something like this: (but does not)
### Start Block Email for Virtual Site: www.xxx.com ###
www.xxx.com              ERROR:5.1.1:550 User unknown

### END Block Email for Virtual Site: www.xxx.com ###
EOF
in the /etc/mail/virtusertable
the top part should have something like this in it:: (it is not added)
nobody at www.xxx.com       nobody
@.xxx.com%1 at www.xxx.com
@www.xxx.com     error:nouser No such user here
twolbdev at www.xxx.com    xxx
dev at www.xxx.com xxx
abuse at www.xxx.com        xxx
postmaster at www.xxx.com   xxx

# Cobalt System Section Begin
(this part has nothing in it.) is this in the wrong place? should it be
at the top and bottom?
# Cobalt System Section End

the bottom part does add: (but won't remove it upon removing it from the
BO control panel)
apache at www.xxx.com      apache
sys at www.xxx.com sys
MAILER-DAEMON at www.xxx.com       MAILER-DAEMON
root at www.xxx.com        root
nobody at www.xxx.com      nobody
@xxx.com        %1 at www.xxx.com
@www.xxx.com    error:nouser No such user here
useralias at www.xxx.com user
abuse at www.xxx.com       user
postmaster at www.xxx.com user
EOF
What can I do to fix the BO control panel problem? Can add them to the
files and hash and restart sendmail?
or will I loose them anytime I make control panel changes. I need to get
any new vsite/added users email working.
What other files does this problem affect?

--
Thank you
David Hahn